Sat, Jul 29|
Angulo custom woodturning
Two day woodturning class (1)
This is PRIVATE one-on-one. Beginning, Intermediate and advanced students will enjoy this hands on and informative class.
Time & Location
Jul 29, 9:00 AM – Jul 30, 3:00 PM
Angulo custom woodturning, 20548 Dawnridge Dr, Grass Valley, CA 95949, USA
About the Event
This is a PRIVATE one-on-one. Beginning, Intermediate and advanced students will enjoy this informative class. All equipment, tools, safety gear, and wood are provided. Face plate, spindle turning and off center turning will be explored.
Each student has their own dedicated lathe and tools. The shop is well equipped with four lathes, sharpening stations, band saws, drill press, dust system. The Lathes are two Rikon mini12/20, one Nova 12/20 and Laguna 18/36, each fully capable of turning any project. The variety of tools provides students the opportunity to experience differences so they can make informed tool and equipment purchases.
I tailor the class to each individual’s needs and goals. With a maximum of four students, each student proceeds at his or her own pace to get the most out of the experience.
Everyone will take away several projects they have completed, including at least one smooth rim bowl. Coffee, water, and snacks provided. Please bring your own lunch. It will not be convenient to go to the store for lunch (Refrigerator available).
You’re welcome to arrive at 8:30 for coffee, class is from 9am to 3pm.
Class outline: Day one
· Intro, coffee and snacks
· Safety paperwork handout
· Assessment and individual goals
· Lathe description and maintenance
· Profiling and sharping tools (bring your own if you have)
· Tool control
· Project: spindle turning, how to create all the basic spindle shapes and cuts.
· Off center spindle turning
· Chuck description and operation
· Review mounting option, face plate, four jaw chuck, screw, jam chuck
· Project: smooth rim bowl
Class outline: Day two
· Coffee and review first day, questions and safety review
· Harvesting wood, the do’s and don’ts
· Best way to cut a log (chainsaw work)
· Using a bandsaw, cutting the bowl blank
· Techniques on keeping the bark on the bowl
· Project: Live edge bowl
· Sanding and finishing (review different products)
· Jam chuck to finish the bottom
· If time allows, turn smooth rim bowl
Two day woodturning class
+$12.75 service fee
+$12.75 service fee0